Monday, May 18, 2015

Happy super late birthday Grif

What is wrong with me?  Don't actually answer that.  I don't really want to know but I do know that I've lost my mind.  I have hit that stage in life where I walk into a room and forget why I'm there.  I can't remember the names of my kids.  I've just started calling them all dude all the time and whoever comes running or asks what? is the one I pick on. They are starting to catch on and nobody answers me anymore. 
 A couple of months ago I showered with my socks on.  That's how bad it has gotten. 
The stress of trying to sale our house has not helped the situation and because of that I forgot my Birthday post for Grifin.  So here it is....two weeks late. (I'm sorry Grif.  I love you! Please don't hate me)  
The big 1-0


Here is my meager attempt at decorating for him.  A birthday banner across his doorway and 2 balloons.  Go me! I'm sure he's standing there thinking what the heck is this supposed to be.  My mom is losing it. Seriously stop judging me.  I am not the Pinterest decorating mom with the fancy decor and over-the-top parties.  I can't do everything, people.
We went to Texas Roadhouse and about had to leave.  It was family night and the creepy giant armadillo was roaming around greeting kids.  As soon as Baylor saw him he had a meltdown.  Started screaming (thank heavens Texas Roadhouse is obnoxiously loud) and tried to make a beeline for the door.  Luckily Nate, being the awesome dad he is, picked him up and made him sit.  Later made him go meet creepy armadillo and Baylor punched it in the face.  I do believe the workers encouraged it but you never can be too sure around here. 
Back to the Birthday Boy. Happy Happy Birthday Gus Gus.  You make things interesting around here and I love it.  What would we do without you?  Keep being stubborn and strong-willed it makes you who you are.  Love you, kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment