Monday, April 23, 2012

My little minions



My house has been a disaster while we have been finishing the bathroom for the boys. It's driving me nuts. That darn dust from mudding the walls has been terrible.  We finally got the walls done and me being the mean mom that I am put my kiddos to work.  I gave them each a rag and told them to start scrubbin.  Surprisingly there was very little whining.  Maybe because they knew there would be a slurpee to follow.  Whatever it was i'm not complaining.  Dilon did tell me that this was something a girl should be doing.  Thinking I need to have a bit of a talk with that boy.  He thinks he is too much of a man to clean the house.  I think not.  To make matters worse for him (and his so called manliness) I am making them have a rug with flowers in their boy bathroom.  I know, I AM a horrible mom.  I went to go get them one on Saturday and they were too blasted expensive.  This bathroom has already taken all of our pennies (and then some) and I have an extra rug just sitting in the closet.  So yes, this cheapskate mom is making them have (gasp)  flowers.  They'll get over it right?  Am I causing years worth of therapy in the future?  The super great part about all of this is I haven't even told them yet.  Why is there a smile on my face as I think about doing so?  See,  I have proved repeatedly just how mean I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment