Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pick your battles

Dax has this obsession with wearing random things. Hats, gloves, bracelets, his cousins princess dress up clothing (don't tell nate), other peoples shoes. Lately it has been baylors hat. It is about 1o sizes too small for his head but he doesn't care. I argued for a good 10 minutes the other day with him over it. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: dax that hat is not yours it's baylors
Dax: no it not
Me: yes it is, it's too small for you
Dax: no it not
Me: go put it back, it's too small
Dax: NO IT NOT!!!!
Me: seriously dax, you are stretching it out. GO PUT IT BACK.
Dax: no.
Me: WHAT?
Dax: NO.
Me: don't tell me no. That's not nice. Go put it back, please.
Dax: no, please.
Me: okay, whatever.

I was arguing with a 2 year old over a hat. Really? I have nothing better to do with my time? Who cares if he is wearing too small of a hat. Who cares if he likes to dance around in tutu's. So not worth arguing over. I really need to learn how to pick my battles.


1 comment:

  1. i love that the conversation must have also included, "hold still! let me take a picture!" :) HA! he's such a stud, tutu's or not!

    ReplyDelete