Thursday, April 26, 2012

Kickin it with Grif (sort of)


We convinced grif to sign up for soccer this year.  Why we did that i'm still not sure.  It has been freezing most of the games.  It was warm on Sat. but they watered the fields so the kids were soaking.  Nate can never come because he is always working so I have tons of fun juggling all four kids by myself.  You would think it was no big deal because we are at the park and the others can just play.  That is so not what happens.  Dax has been stuck on the weird looking climbing thing, that I swear should not be allowed on a playground, more than once.  Do you know how awkward it looks for a thirty something year old woman to be juggling a baby while trying to climb the before mentioned contraption to come to the rescue of a 2 year old?  If my booty would fit between the bars I could go inside the dome thingy and easily get him down that way.  But really the only thing worse than seeing the thirty something woman climbing on toys is trying to squeeze her child bearing hips between bars that are too close together.  Dilon tries to help but Baylor is just so darn heavy that he can't possibly hold him for more than a minute at a time.  Last week Dax decided to take off and run right into the middle of the game.  Why is it ALWAYS my kid?  I am the mom that everyone gets annoyed with because I can't control my own children.  However, I would rather be THAT mom than the parent who is standing on the sideline screaming at their kid to kick the ball harder or run faster or stop watching the butterflies.  They are 6 for crying out loud.  Get over it.  Which by the way, nate is totally that parent so it's not entirely bad he has to work during the games.  What is great is watching grif.  He doesn't even kind of care about playing.  The ball will literally roll in front of his feet and he will just stare at it until someone else kicks it.  He spends most of the game playing with his gum or shooting his finger guns.  To me it is entertainment at its finest. 

I think he may actually be thinking about kicking it
 
 I'm pretty sure he is watching a butterfly here

 Who needs to spend money on toy guns when you can make your own

At least playing soccer got him to smile instead of scream.  That is a win in my book!

2 comments:

  1. If he's anything like Dilon was, he's excellent! Haha! I would love to come watch one of his games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is cute thought! Hey I think I am that I am one of those yelling moms. I have 2 players on the field though.

    ReplyDelete