Wednesday, August 29, 2012

I opt for velcro

My dear, sweet, loving, caring, very strong willed Grifin is trying to kill me.  I am going to have a heart attack from lack of patience with that boy.  Let me start by saying I love him with everything inside of me.  I don't know anyone with a presence like his.  He can entertain groups of people, including adults, without a problem.  He is confident and smart and he means the world to me. With that said, he is the most stubborn person I know.  One day I think this will be a great trait to have but when you are seven it just gets you into a lot of trouble.  Nate and I tried and tried and tried to get him to ride a bike without training wheels this summer.  Epic fail!  That's fine, we can wait until next summer and try again.  No biggie.  Yesterday as I was sending them off to school I realized he can't tie his shoes.  His last few pairs have been velcro.  So I got all gung ho about teaching him today.  After 30 minutes of shoes flying across my house I decided that learning to tie them is overrated.   It's not terrible to send your kid to high school with velcro is it?

1 comment:

  1. Melanie I am right there with ya on this one.. Stubborn seven year olds with their own gameplans are HARD!!! We are not tying our own shoes over here yet either, good thing we are their moms huh. That should mean they will come out okay in the end haha!!!!

    ReplyDelete