Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Off they go.......



I don't know who these kids belong to.  They can't possibly be mine.  I'm not old enough to have a fourth and second grader.  They sure do look cute though.  

I LOVE the first day of school. I really do love my kiddos but I LOVE the first day of school.  It was definitely time for them to go back.  We have had non stop fighting in this house for the last couple of weeks.  Well actually the last several years, but the last couple of weeks have been torture.  Maybe now that they are back in school Dax will stop randomly punching Grif in the head for no reason.  And maybe Dilon will stop thinking he is in charge of everyone in the house.  And maybe Grif will actually go outside and do something that may cause a little butt sweat.  

Me, Dax, and Baylor walked them to school today and I basically skipped all the way home.  Plus they were excited to go back so it makes it all that much sweeter.  There is a bit of a bitter that goes with the sweet.  When the boys are back in school that means Nate is back in school.  Booooooooooooooooo.   We are still kicking ourselves for not doing this ten years ago.  I say "we" because this is totally a joint effort.  I may or may not help him more than I probably should with his homework.  But it is so time consuming for him.  Between work and school I am basically a single mother until the semester is over.  It will be worth it, it will be worth it, it will be worth it.  I have to keep saying that to myself.  He is being super awesome and taking 17 credits this semester.  No that is not a typo.  17 credits and 50+ hours a week at work.  He is awesome.  Or crazy.  I haven't decided yet.  9 of those are actually an internship that he can do at work so it really isn't as bad as it sounds.  Happy New School Year to all.  Have I mentioned I LOVE the first day of school?

No comments:

Post a Comment