Thursday, November 1, 2012

I hate the day after

I hate the day after Halloween.  All this deliciousness surrounds me (159 pieces of deliciousness to be exact).  Remember how me and that will power guy are not friends?  It is taking all I have to not sit here and eat piece after piece like a little kid.  I have only had 3 so far today.  I am doing pretty good considering most years I have eaten at least a dozen by now.  I keep walking by the bowl touching it thinking that somehow that will satisfy my desire to devour it all.  I did find something to do to distract me for a minute.  I organized it.  That's right, I organized my kids' trick-or-treat candy.  I'm super busy today.



Dax was happy with the outcome and I haven't eaten any more so score two for me!  Who knows how long this will last.  Maybe when my next urge to start ripping wrappers off hits I will sort it by color or size or tasty goodness.  So many options. 

You see that mischievous grin on Dax in the picture?  That is his I keep taking candy without my mom seeing me look.  Like I can't see him run into the kitchen, grab a treat, and then run as fast as his little legs will go so he can hide and eat it.  Who knows what he has eaten today.  Until he throws up i'm not really going to worry about it.

Really I should get to eat what I want.  I have shed some extra calories today chasing this little man around.  That has got to count for something.  Seriously, when did he get so big?

Notice poor grif still sick on the couch.  This mean mom is making him take a break from cartoons and actually read.  Oh the horror.  To be sick AND have to read.  How much worse could this day be for him?  I think he's perking up.  Fingers crossed that he will be up and going soon.  He is turning down candy though so who knows. 

All this hard work of typing has made me hungry.  I guess I better go grab me a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment