Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Round 3

Here we go again.  About 4 a.m. I heard that dreaded cough followed by a gag, right next to my ear.  When the heck did a kid climb in bed with us?  I don't know.  All I know is that as soon as I heard it I was wide awake with one hand catching puke and the other hand dragging a half sleeping sickie into the bathroom.  Poor dax got hit again.  Last time it was double ear infection, tonsillitis, bronchitis, and some type of the flu (at least that's what the blood work said) with no throwing up.  This time he told me his stomach wasn't working.  With what I have seen come out both ends today I am going to say he's right.  Am I sharing too much again?  Sorry.

I've decided that hearing throw up hit carpet instead of the toilet has to be on my top 5 4 list of things I wish I never had to hear.  In fact just for fun I will go ahead and share my list (I was going to do 5 but there are kind of a lot of things that I can't stand to hear and I couldn't narrow it down.  Maybe I should work on that):

4:  People blowing their nose-- it totally grosses me out
3:  Nails on a chalkboard --I have goosebumps just thinking about it
2:  Throw-up hitting anything but the toilet
1:  Other people eating

I hate to see my little ones sick but there are so many people out there who are going through trials with their sick kids that I can't even begin to understand.  I am so thankful to know that this will pass and he will be healthy again soon.  Plus I am so fortunate to be able to stay home and take care of my little sickies.  Life is good.  Wish I could remember to appreciate it more often.

1 comment:

  1. sorry. i cursed you last night by saying, "SO!? EVERYONE HEALTHY!?" way to go, amanda. sorry mel! hope it doesn't spread around and he's all better soon!

    ReplyDelete