Monday, February 11, 2013

damned if you don't

I don't do everything as a mother terribly wrong.  Some days I actually do some things right.  I love Jesus, I want my kids to love Jesus so I try to make sure we are learning about him.  As we were reading from the Book of Mormon tonight I could have sworn not one of the little people in this house were listening.  In fact dax was singing louder than I was reading.  Anyway let me share a little bit of what we read (don't stop reading because I just said that, a little scripture lesson never hurt anyone):

"And whoso believeth not in me, and is not baptized, shall be damned." (3 Nephi 11:34)

As soon as I said those words, grif (who is going to be baptized in a couple of months) threw his hands in the air and yelled "WHAT!? I am damned?" 
Funny thing about it is that he has no idea what damned even means.  He only knows it's a word that he can't say even though mom says it.  I know, I know.....teach by example blah blah blah.  I'm working on it.

The whole point to this is not that my 7 year old thinks he's damned but that they DO actually listen to me.  Throw a couple points on the scoreboard for this mom.

And in case anyone thinks my child still thinks he is damned, don't worry.  I cleared that up as well.  Man I am scoring points all over the place today.

1 comment:

  1. This is hilarious. I was looking for a picture of Nate to show the guys at work and saw this. I think Brady will get a kick out of this too.

    ReplyDelete