Thursday, February 7, 2013

Yes, they are ALL mine

I had to take Dil to get his allergy shot yesterday.  After his shot we have to sit at the doctors office for 25 minutes to make sure he doesn't have a reaction to it.  Wednesday has become the dreaded day of the week for me just for that reason.  I try not to take all the kiddos but with nate having class I don't have much choice.  Anyway it is super duper fun to sit there and wait with them.  We take up a whole corner.  It's awesome.  As we were sitting there yesterday a guy came in for an appointment and sat across from us.  I wasn't paying much attention to him until I heard him kind of chuckle so I looked up.  This was our conversation:

rude dude:  Are all those kids yours?
me:  yep
r.d.:  i've been sitting here trying to figure out who they all belonged to then I realized that they were all with you.  huh.
me:  yeah, I will claim them all
r.d.:  so your days must be very interesting
me:  they sure are
r.d.:  how old are they?
me:  1,3,7,9 (pointing to all of them)
r.d.:  what!?  that kid (pointing to dilon) is older than that kid (pointing to grif)
me:  yep, he's the runt of the family
r.d.:  Wow, you sure have a lot of kids for your age! (should I take that as a compliment or an insult?  I'm not sure)

Then he actually got nice and carried on a long conversation with Dax.  When he asked me if they were all mine I just wanted to say nope, I don't have enough fun sitting in the doctors office alone so I figured I would find some random kids to come with me to keep me entertained.  At least they were being good for once.  Who knows what he would have said if they were acting like they normally do when we are all there.  The funny thing is, 4 kids doesn't seem like that much to me (well, most of the time).  I don't consider us a large family.  Am I naive and completely wrong about that?  Either way, yes they are all mine and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment