Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hug it out boys

This 1 o'clock church thing is killing me.  The boys have spent most of the morning trying to kill each other.  Their screams have hit levels so high they have brought all of the dogs from the neighborhood to our front door.  Since I have decided to tap into my inner calm I told myself I would not yell back at them today.  They have spent a good amount of time on their beds and when they get off they just start fighting again.  So I did what I have heard other moms do (probably those moms who are perfect).   I made them hug it out. 


I let that count as a hug for dilon because his blood sugar was low and he had to eat. He was thrilled about the whole thing if you can't tell.  So far so good!  No more bed sitting yet. 

On a totally unrelated topic, I had dilon come to me yesterday and ask me to smell his pits.  Now let me tell ya, I swore I would be the type of mom that would try to be open and understanding so my kids would come to me with any questions or problems they might have.  However, I think "smell my pits" goes beyond motherly duties.  Plus gross.  Not gonna happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment