Monday, August 10, 2015

A sligthly sidetracked post

So I just sat down to write a post about The Annual Scott Wright Reunion we just had this past week when I started to smell something funny.  I live with 5 boys so that is not unusual but this was a different smell. Finally after a good 30 seconds of sniffing and gagging it dawned on me something was melting in the oven.   Nooooooooooooooo!  I forgot my best cake pan with plastic lid was in there because I was hiding the last piece of Dilon's birthday cake for me to eat later. The piece I ate for my first lunch (yes I usually eat 2 lunches, you got a problem with that?) didn't fill me up enough so I turned on the oven to cook me a nasty Totino's.  I don't like Totino's much but I was withering away so I had to do something.  A girl can only eat so many pb&j's in her lifetime.   So not only is my best cake pan ruined but the last piece of cake is now uneatable. That'll turn a good day bad.  A hot pad was lost in the battle as well.

We also found out today that we lost our apartment that we had lined up for when we move out because our closing date got bumped and someone else wanted the same apartment.  This Monday is just super fanfreakintastic.

At least Dilon seemed to have a Happy Birthday a couple of days ago.  If I would have been nice and let him have the last piece of his cake the Cake Pan Catastrophe of '15 would be nonexistent.
 I can't believe he is 12.  Next week he is passing the Sacrament for the first time.  I'm not old enough for this to be happening. Happy Birthday Dil Pickle.  Love you kid!
and yes, that is once again Christmas wrapping paper for birthday presents.  Seriously, I don't even care.


After I get some stinky plastic scraped off the bottom of my oven I will post about the good times at the Scott Wright Reunion that I had originally sat down to do.  One day I'll get all my stuff together.

No comments:

Post a Comment