Friday, August 21, 2015

School shopping -- check!

Let the school bells officially ring!  I am done school shopping with 10 days to spare.
One reason I LOVE having all boys is they are so easy to shop for.  Minus the fact that Grif had a mini meltdown that no clothes would fit him because he has gotten a little bit husky this last year. It was (mostly) smooth sailing today.  First and last trip out.  The boys were much better than I expected, probably because they were hauling in the goods.  
We were done in 3 hours.  3 glorious, fast-paced hours.  Mostly because they didn't need too much stuff.  Their closet is busting at the seams as it is.  I don't know if it's because they have too many clothes or because four little people are trying to share one closet in this crap hole of an apartment. 
  I will now officially document the goods bought so Nate doesn't question my money spending.  We raked in:

**4 pairs of shoes
**2 ($0.99) flip-flops
**2 pairs of jeans
**1 backpack (how did that happen with 3 kids going to school? The older boys don't care about new ones and the ones they had from last year are amazingly hole-less.  See!  The beauty of having boys.) 
**8 pairs of shorts
**7 shirts
**2 packages of unders
and a partridge in a pear tree!

all for only $301.92 (dang shoes were almost half of that).  If my terrible math skills are correct that averages out to just under $12 an item.  Nate, according to my receipts I saved over $200.  You should be very proud of this rock star wife of yours.  


No comments:

Post a Comment