Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Who knew goodbye would be so hard

I'm done being an adult for now.  I'm throwing in the towel for a week or two.  I feel like I have had so much to post about but no time/energy to do it.  
We moved out of our house Saturday into an apartment where I don't dare touch anything even though I have lysol wiped it about 20 times, but hey we have a roof over our heads and for that I am thankful.  I really do feel like I have been running non-stop ever since we moved.  I don't know how working moms do it all.  Seriously.  I am used to pretty much doing what I want when I want.  I usually have 4 little people in tow with me but it works.  I haven't even had time to go to the grocery store.  Tonight's dinner: frozen waffles, tomatoes, and chips with cheese.  Not necessarily together but who knows how the kids chose to eat it.  I just threw the food in front of them and they had at it.  
And my checkbook.  I'm scared of what's going on there.  It hasn't been balanced for like a week so fingers crossed I'm not bouncing checks left and right.  
I'll tell you one thing though.  My house--soon to be old house (*tears*)--is shining like the top of the chrysler building.  
Oh my house.  I had no idea it would be this hard to say goodbye.  Emotionally (and physically) I am more than ready to let it all be done and over with.  Good thing we sign papers in the morning.  I have caught tears welling up in my eyes more than once while vacuuming.  As I was mowing the lawn for the last time all I could think was this is the last time I'll ever mow this.  Or this is the last time I will open this cupboard or clean this big beast of a tub I hate but now I miss because I can't ever take a bath in it again. 
Ten fantastic years were spent there and I'm getting all sappy letting it go. I asked Nate to go walk through it with me one more time and he wouldn't.  He has already moved on.  Ooooorrrrrrr..........it's too hard for him and he doesn't want to cry in front of me.  Yes, that's it.
  I've made the boys pose for too many "last" pictures there.
I love this first picture.  Mostly because I know what it took to get it.  Grif struggled and struggled to get up on that ledge all by himself.  Didn't happen.  It took me and Dilon lifting and pushing to get him up there.  Good times.

Then I told them to all go to their rooms and give me one final picture with them in it doing something totally awesome.  This is what I got

(don't judge me.  I have no clue what that stain is on the carpet and it wouldn't come out. The new people can just cover it with a bed and all will be well)


Goodbye my cute little house.  I hope the new people are as great as we were to you.  Yeah right.  We were the best.

1 comment:

  1. so sentimental! the new owners should be immensely grateful for all the love and care you put into your house- i believe you it's spotless (minus your mentioned spot at least). in-betweens are the WORST. and when moving, i like to ignore checkbooks (against my better judgement) until it's settled because, let's be honest, who needs more tears.
    and for the record, that's totally an a-ok dinner.

    ReplyDelete