Monday, August 24, 2015

I'm done with goodbye's for the week

Please no more goodbye's this week.  It was hard enough saying so long to the house I've lived in for the last 10 years but I also had to say so long to the house I spent a huge chunk of my childhood at.  

I grew up living next door to my Grandma and Grandpa Petersen.  It was awesome.  When my grandma passed away a few months ago it left their place empty.  No one in the family wanted to buy it so they threw a  For Sale sign in the front yard and it closed the same week my house did.  

I spent so much time sitting under my Grandpa's big walnut tree. So many memories. All I can picture is my cute grandpa sitting there in his lawn chair waving every time I ran past him into the house to see what kind of treat I could get from my grandma. 
I had to take the family out for one last picture there.

I'm darn sick of taking last pictures so here's a first.
First picture of our new (soon to be) home sweet home. Isn't it great?  Don't worry, it will be.  Fingers crossed that there will actually be a big hole there next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment