Thursday, August 27, 2015

I love my comfort zone

So I went about as far as a person can go out of their comfort zone yesterday.  Me and my comfort zone were on different sides of the globe.  Universe, really.  
Nate decided it would be a great idea to do a float for the parade this year to help get his name out more for his City Council run.  Great.  Go ahead, it makes no difference to me.  I'll help decorate a cheesy float but I had one rule.  DON'T MAKE ME RIDE ON IT.  I didn't want to one little bit.  Don't get me wrong here.  I fully support Nate running for City Council.  It's something he wants to do so I'll back him 100%.  As long as I don't have to do things like ride floats.  I do not like the spotlight.  Center of attention, no thanks.  
I just want to say a great big thank you to all of those who made me feel so dang guilty about not riding on it with him that I caved and got on the stupid thing. 


 Somehow Steph and Greg ended up on it also.  Lets just say they were less than thrilled as well.


If you can get past the look on Dax's face in this picture take a glance at Nate.  That is him trying to awkwardly smile and wave to the crowd when he ran out of candy.  I'm pretty sure I recall saying to him on several occasions: "Honey, you need more candy."  to which he would say:  "no, this will be enough".   At least I waited until the parade was over to say I told you so.

Good times had by all.  Now on to Dax doing the mutton bustin' at the rodeo tonight.  That I really am looking forward to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment