Friday, February 17, 2012

MIRACLES....I'm a believer!

So life around here is normally pretty boring. When we got pregnant with our little caboose things sure did spice up a bit. I have had enough stress with Baylor to last until he is at least a teenager. He truly is our little miracle man. It all started at my 20 week ultra sound. My doc found a few things wrong when they were checking everything. I was immediately sent to McKay Dee in Ogden so they could take a look. They basically told us to prepare for the worst. If the baby survived he would have some sort of genetic disorder. I was heart broken (I still get a little teary eyed thinking about it). So they did an amniocentesis and sent us home for 2 weeks. Loooooongest 2 weeks ever. But during that time I had a blessing, a family fast, and lots of prayers being sent our way. When we went back to the doctor, to their amazement, everything was normal. We had several docs and ultra sound techs tell us that they couldn't believe it. My original doctor asked me if I believed in MIRACLES. The rest of the pregnancy was smooth sailing. Delivery was pretty crappy if you ask me but 12.5 hours later Baylor was born. Cutest little squishy face ever. The day after he was born I was really wanting to pack up and go home. Ya there was a little change of plans. Baylor's doc said he hadn't urinated all night. He wasn't comfortable with what he was seeing so he called primary children's hospital and they had life flight on the way. They were taking my baby and he wasn't even a day old. Hardest thing ever! We followed him down to Salt Lake where we learned he urinated on the helicopter ride down. Sweet, can I have my baby back now please? No such luck. They wanted to keep him over night for observation. So Nate and I went home. We got up the next morning and headed to Salt Lake to pick our baby up. On the drive there we got a phone call saying they were taking him in for exploratory surgery. Not something a mom wants to hear about her 2 day old baby. They ended up finding a hole in his bowels. We were so lucky they found it because if we had taken him home I probably wouldn't be snuggling my little man now. He came out of surgery looking horrible.

My little miracle man! (and yes I used that entire box of tissue in about 10 minutes)

He had a long road ahead of him, but he is a rock star. We were there for 3 long, painful weeks. When we went home he still had a colostomy bag. That is seriously a whole different post. If Nate and I could survive changing a colostomy bag on a month old baby we can survive anything. We went back 7 weeks later to have it removed and stayed another week in the hospital. I am sooo grateful for our little miracle man. My heart breaks for the families there who were not as fortunate as us. We are so blessed.



His colostomy bag. Sorry if you have a weak stomach. It took me forever to be able to look at it without getting sick.



Best day EVER!!!!


Chicks dig scars, right?



We love you Baylor Von Wright!


1 comment: