Saturday, January 26, 2013

Carry on

I have been debating about whether or not to make a blog book.  You know, print this out so I actually have some form of a journal that I can  say I did because the real journal thing is not working out so well for me.  I was re-reading my posts to see if it would be worth the money or not (came to the conclusion that my random thoughts are not worth that amount of money) and I discovered that I am very redundant.  These are the things I seem to never shut my trap about:

1.  My super awesome baby weight I can't lose
2.  Baylor and his health issues when he was born
3.  Nate being back in school
4.  Dilon and his diabetes

I was completely bored with myself while reading my last post because I had said too much of the same things already.  So here's to devoting an entire post to not saying anything about those four things (just forget about the fact that they are actually already in it).  I was going to add my duties as a mother to the list because, lets face it, I talk about that all the time too.  However, that is so much a part of my life there is no way I can go without talking about my kids (and nate) with this.  So here's a bunch of randomness that has been happening with life the last little while.....

**Nate and I actually went on a date the other night.  I swear it has been eons since we have done that.  Talked about going to the temple (since it's been eons since we have been there too) but decided to use our free movie tickets we got for Christmas instead.  Big mistake.  Crappy movie.  Should have known to get our butts to the temple instead.  I honestly couldn't even tell you the name of the movie right now, that's how awesome it was.

**I have taken Grif to a few counseling sessions for his anger management issues.  Thought we were making some good progress.  I dug into my inner calm when he would start to erupt. Calming myself down is supposed to help calm him down.  That lasted until he threw a toy at my wall then my ocd squashed my calm and that was the end of that.  I'm thinking it might be a good idea for me to see a counselor of my own.  When grif is happy though his smile lights up my world.

**Dax has decided that the alphabet contains 4 letter m's .......hijkmmmmp........ he has also been suffering from headfakes lately.  I hope they find a cure soon because according to him they hurt sooooo much.  Until then, Tylenol will suffice.

**Baylor is following in grif's footsteps and has also become a headbanger.  When he wants something and I won't let him have it he hits his head on the wall/fridge/door/my leg until he has a nice goose egg.  Or until I feel guilty and give in to his little tantrum.

**Baylor is also rockin some super cute buck teeth (cute now.  Not so cute when he is a teen and we are paying for braces).  That's what we get for nate (still) making fun of his poor sister for her bucky beavers when she was a kid.  Karma always comes around to bite ya in the butt.

**Dilon's newest obsession is to get a six pack.  Not sure what a nine year old needs one for but I have caught him more than once doing sit-ups in his bed at night.  He has a two pack (or so he says) that he is pretty dang proud of right now.  Wonder where he gets his body image issues from.

**Nate decided to bic his head.  Not going to share that lovely picture with you.  I think it is safe to say he won't be doing that again any time soon.

**I have gone for........well I don't know how long but I have gone for what seems like decades without a pepsi.  Baby steps to a healthier me (notice how I didn't mention anything about losing weight.  It's about getting healthy now).

**I have come to the sad realization that I will always be surrounded by a symphony of bodily sounds.  I guess that's what happens when you live with a house full of boys.  Maybe we should try for that girl after all..........(nate did you just have a heart attack?)


 So while I may get hung up over the same things all the time and repeat myself all too often in some of my posts I will try to be better.  Here's to hoping I can move forward and not talk about the past so much.  I think this video sums it up best when it says "May your past be the sound of your feet upon the ground
Carry on
Carry on, carry on"

Plus this song makes me happy.  Go ahead, take a couple minutes and give it a listen.  If you're anything like me you will push repeat a time or two (or twenty).

 and just so you know I am super proud of myself for actually being able to load a video onto my blog.  I hope it actually plays now.






1 comment:

  1. a few items in no particular order:
    - elle and dax must have learned the same alphabet. hers has the same number of "m's..." peculiar:)
    - love that song. a lot.
    - mike's trying to quit pepsi too.
    - i noticed this morning that elle has a 4-pack... it's pathetic what's wasted on youth, don't you think? i have a... well... nothing pack. although, when i try to sit up my stomach turns from a rounded shape per-gigantic child inside, to a pointed triangle? i'm not sure what's up with that. either way, totally creepy.

    ReplyDelete