Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's all in a day (part 2)

Now that half of the kiddos are in bed (asleep? probably not, but in bed) I can finish my previous post.  If  you are just joining me you may want to read the prior post to understand what is going on.

1:00 p.m. -  Lunch is done and cleaned up.  I was able to grab myself a tuna sandwich, I don't even like tuna.  Got my deodorant on.  Time to head to the store.  Get the kids layered up in coats, boots, gloves, etc and load them in the car.  Someone stinks.  Take everyone out.  Great news!  It's a major blow out.  How can someone so small create such a mess.  Get him cleaned up, another load in the laundry and make our second attempt at heading to the store.

1:20-2:00 - Grocery shopping done!  I only lost the 3 year old once so I would call that a pretty successful shopping trip.  Spent more than the checkbook said I had, what else is new?

2:15 - Unload kids and groceries.  The hubs gets home for lunch and actually wants me to cook him something.  Are his hands broke?  He has just been working so hard today that he needs a break.  Wonder what that would be like.  Make and clean up 33 year old man's lunch.  He gives me "the look" and tells me he wants dessert.  I roll my eyes and walk away.  Which reminds me to double check that I took my birth control for the day.

3:00 - good-bye hubs, welcome home other two kids.  How was school?  Wait, did either of you comb you hair today?  "No"  How about brush your teeth?  "I think so."  I take that as a yes and figure one for two is not so bad. 

3:15 -  lets start homework.  Yay.  7  year old decides he is starving and can't wait to eat.  To avoid another scream fest I make a snack.  Clean up half the snack from the counter top and floor.  Lets try to start homework again.  9 year old is already done while 7 year old has only pulled his folder out of his backpack.  I tell him "great try, but that is not the correct answer on your math assignment.  I get a pencil thrown at me.  We will attempt homework later.  Baby is hanging on my leg again.  What?  Stinky AGAIN.  Where does it all come from.  9 year old has been bugging for 20 minutes to play the wii.  I finally have had enough of his whining and give in, but only for 15 minutes.  That somehow turns into an hour.

5:00 - Homework is finally done.  3 year old wants to eat.  Guess his fish lunch didn't hold him over, wonder why?  7 year old wants a turn on the wii.  I'm past the point of arguing so I cave and let him play.  Time to start dinner.  Wait, scouts is in 10 minutes.  9 year old needs to change pronto and grab a snack.  We are late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment