Thursday, January 24, 2013

If wishes were fishes

If wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry.  I used to always hear that from my grandma bloxham growing up. She is a very wise woman.  I didn't really know what it meant until I got older.  I was having another pity party for myself the other night wishing that some things were different.  Then I stopped to think why?

Every time I walk by the mirror I wish I was a size 6 again.  If I still was would I have these 4 little men that call me mom?

I wish we had a bigger house with more room.  If we did would we be any happier?  Everyone in different rooms doing their own thing instead of being with each other.

I wish dilon and baylor didn't have to go through their health struggles.  If they hadn't, would we have learned to deal with trials that may come our way and become stronger because of them? Why am I not more grateful just knowing that I have my boys here with me.  I still have a 9 year old to give shots to.  I have a baby that I could go hold in the hospital when he was so sick.  That is all that matters.

I wish our checkbook had a much bigger number in it.  If it did would I be as grateful as I am for the stuff that we work so hard for?

I wish nate would have finished school ten years ago so we weren't struggling with it now.  If he had would he have learned what he is now?  (I'm not talking about what he is learning in school.)

Why am I wishing my life away?  It is great.  I am so blessed and so thankful to have what I have.  I was feeling all bummed again yesterday when we got an unexpected bill in the mail (aren't those the best)  from when baylor was born.  They seem to think we still owe them $25,000.  My heart sunk and I got so irritated thinking why does this always happen to us and, of course, wishing that it wouldn't.  I need to just remember we are so lucky to have such great medical care at our fingertips.  What if we lived somewhere that didn't have all of this readily available?  Our lives would be so much different.  So I need to stop wishing for it all to go away.


There are so many days I wish baylor and dax would just relax and stop getting into everything.  If they did,  I would miss the moments like this....



.....this is what it is all about.  Making the best of what you have.

The way things have worked out in my life make me who I am today.  No need to wish for anything else.  I can gladly say I won't be looking for my magic lamp any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment