Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's all in a day (part 1)

I get asked a lot of questions most days.   There is one  that I get quite often and nothing irks me more than when I hear it (especially from nate)......"what do you do all day?".  I eat chocolate and watch soap operas all day long,  just like all the stay at home mom's do.

Let me give you a little glimpse into the life of this mom.

12:45 a.m. - This is about the time that I have a 3 year old scrambling into my bed.  Smashing my legs and sitting on my chest trying to find a spot between the hubs and I.  If I have to pee I get up, take him back to bed, then go back to bed myself.

1:15  - I have a 3 year old trying once again, only a little more sneaky this time, to get back in the middle.  I give up.  I would rather get kicked in the kidney's for a few hours than get out of my warm bed again.

2:30  - I am staring at the ceiling listening to the hubs snore, stop breathing, snore louder until finally his monstrous sounds lull me back to sleep.

3:45  -  I wake up screaming from my deep sleep because I just have that feeling someone is watching me.  The 9 year old is now hovering over my face crying.  He is scared.  Well that makes two of us.  Tell him to go climb in the 3 year old's bed and try to go back to sleep.

3:50  -  all the commotion of the before mentioned 9 year old woke up the babe.  Swap out the 3 year old (who is still sleeping in the middle) with the baby, let the 9 and 3 year old squish into a twin bed together for comfort.  Pee again, why not, i'm already up.  Go back to bed.

7:15   wake up to a baby slapping me in the face to the rhythm of the alarm that is now going off.  Let the day begin.

7:18  to 8:15  - wake up the kiddos.  7 year old decides he wants to stay home from school because his feet hurt.  Uhm,  I don't think so.  Get kiddos dressed, make 7 year old change his pants that are dragging on the floor because they are a foot too long.  Big mistake.  Yelling match 1 begins.  I win, don't mess with mama bear in the morning. She's a bit growly from lack of sleep.  We have round 2 of yelling when said 7 year old tries to wear too small of a shirt.  Seriously?!  Time to clean out the closet. 5 different breakfasts are made.  Yelling match 3 with 7 year old begins when I hand babe a slice of his toast.  I guess when he said he wanted 2 pieces he wanted 2 full pieces.  So sue me.  Blood sugars checked.  Milk spilled.  Dad is no where to be found.  Babe screaming for more of the toast he can't have.  Egg burning on the stove. Clock says 8:07, dad is late.  Kids can't find hat/ gloves.  Mom to the rescue once again.  Shoo half the family out the door.  Time to clean up the tornado that struck the kitchen.

8:30 - 9:00  -  Elliptical here I come!  Babe decides he has to exercise with me.  Stop every 2 minutes to pick him up just to have him freak because he wants down.  3 year old screams for cartoons.  Nope, this is mama t.v. time.  You can watch cartoons when I am done trying to burn off the baby weight of 4 kids.

9:00 -10:00  -  Clean, clean, clean.  Piles of laundry.  Floors to be mopped (remember spilled milk).  Finger prints to wipe off everything.

10:15 -  "mom, i'm hungry.  can I have a snack?"  "Whatever, just get what you can reach in the pantry".

10:20 - babe clinging to my leg, what does he want now?  I have no clue.  He throws the snack I give him across the freshly mopped floor.

11:00 - babe's NAP TIME!!=mom's computer time.  3 year old, now you can go watch some cartoons.  Not the best parenting skills.  What's your point?  Check everyone's status.  Catch up on email. Switch laundry.  Pay bills, balance check book.  Want to cry. 

12:15 -  babe is in the crib screaming.  Crap.  Not nearly a long enough nap.  Maybe if I would have remembered to feed him lunch before his nap he would still be sleeping.  Oops.  Make lunch for babe.  He can't maneuver a fork but screams until I let him try anyway.  Going to have to change those clothes.  Ask 3 year old what he wants to eat.  "Nothing, i'm not hungry".  SHOOT! I didn't pay attention to what snack he decided to grab from the pantry.  He has eaten half a bag of goldfish.  Excellent lunch.  Give myself a gold star for that one.  Get a phone call from the school.  9 year old is checking on his insulin dosing.  He is so much more responsible than me.  I realize I am sweating like crazy, it is only 70 degrees in the house.  That's right, I forgot to put on my deodorant.

Half the day done......to be continued.................





No comments:

Post a Comment