Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It's all in a day (the other part of part 2)

I hate when I get a phone call in the middle of a post and push publish instead of save.  Yet again, if you are just joining me you might want to read the previous 2 posts to understand this one.  Is it bedtime yet?

5:35 p.m. -  Load everyone in the car to take one kiddo to scouts.  My foot hurts from stepping on the army man that was left in the middle of the kitchen.  Dinner is in the oven, table is half-way set.  I quietly sneak into the bathroom because I can't hold it another second longer.  I forget to lock the door.  Soon I am surrounded by these little people that keep saying the word mom.  Don't they get sick of hearing that come out of their own mouths.  Looks like my potty break is cut short.

6:00 -  Dad is finally home!   Anyone else have a headache from all the screaming that has happened today?  Of course the kids are excellent for dad. 

7:00 - Dishes again?  Didn't I just do this.  Dad has to run, he has school tonight.  My plate is still full of cold food which I will never actually have the chance to eat.  Somebody else always has to be fed first (baby who still thinks he can eat on his own and still, very clearly, cannot).  What was that sound?  Did someone knock their milk off the counter?  If you boys would stop hitting each other this wouldn't happen every time.  Dad is out the door to class.  Can I go too please?  

7:30 - Bath time.  Older boys in the shower, younger boys come with me.  I fill the tub and start to scrub little bums.  I lost the soap in the water.  Found it!  Nope, little man has done it again.  Seriously, does he ever stop pooping.  Drain the tub, scrub my own hand until it is raw, sanitize, and start to fill the bath tub for the second time. 

8:00 -  The beginning of bed time routine.  Everyone brush your teeth.  Check your sugar.  Make sure you pee.  Get into bed.  "but mom, i'm hungry."  Are you kidding me?  I make a snack, clean up the kitchen once again and tuck four littles into bed.  Time to sit down and relax.

8:15 -  I hear little feet running in the kitchen.  "Get back into bed".  "But i'm hungry".  "No, you're not.  Get a drink and get back to bed".  Repeat at least 3 more times.

9:00 - Finally everyone is asleep.  I jump in the shower.  Think of everything I didn't get done for the day.  Instead of accomplishing something, I sit down at the computer instead.

10:00 - Hubs is finally home from class.  Goodnight I am going to bed.  Check to make sure all kids are accounted for and breathing.

11:00 -  Hubs offers to give me a back rub.  I pretend to sleep because I know what "back rub" really means.

12:15 a.m. -  There is a 3 year old sitting on my face again.

No comments:

Post a Comment