Friday, January 4, 2013

This about sums it up

So here's a little look back at our 2012.  It has been a ride.  I've tried my darndest to sit back and enjoy.  Some parts were a breeze while some were gut dropping scary.  I know there were times I wanted to get off and let it all be over, but I have learned if you face what may come with courage it can be awesome......scary parts and all.

**The year started fantastically with Baylor getting the all clear from his health troubles.  Woohoo, no more Primary Children's Hospital............oh wait.


**Nate and I made it to our 11th wedding anniversary without killing each other.  Plus I still kinda like him.  I might hold onto him for another 11 or so.

**Hello, Disneyland!  Nothing like going to the happiest place on earth.

**Nate decided life wasn't spicy enough so he thought he needed to have surgery on his ankle he rolled.  Nothing better than being on crutches for 6 weeks.


**I decided I couldn't let him have one up on me so I had my thyroid removed a few days after he got off crutches.  Oh the sweet joy of knowing a goiter won't choke you to death in the middle of the night.


**Spent a super fun weekend in June camping in the snow.  That lead to no more camping trips for the rest of the year.  Mother nature -1  Wright's-0

**My family took pity on my kiddos and took them swimming since I despise it. I am the crappy reason my kids can't swim.  One of these years I will conquer my battle with swimsuits and get over my complete repulsion of pool water.  Don't judge me too harshly, I was there cheering them on from the sideline.  



**My kiddos turned 9, 7, 3 & 1.  Good thing I am still 26.


** Nate is officially one year closer to getting his Bachelor's degree.  Whoop Whoop (just so you know I am raising my hands in the air as I say that.  it's all about the mental picture, people).

**I have been incredibly fortunate to get to be a stay at home mom. We are truly living on love, but it works. Who cares if we don't have the dinero to have what the world considers nicer things or more in style clothing.  Only my little's see me on a regular basis anyway and I know they don't care what I am wearing.  Some days I am ready to run to the hills screaming but I really am thankful to get to be with my little men.    


**We got to experience pure generosity from those who surround us.  So many people have done so many things to help us through our bumps this year.  I don't know how we will ever repay it.  

** And we rounded off the year by returning to where we started.  Back to Primary's.  Dilon was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.  It stinks to think about it long term.  But on a daily  basis we are doing great.  He is handling it like a pro already.  We are ready to kick some diabetes trash.  It thinks it can mess with us.  It should know better.  Anything/anyone that messes with my kid better be on the lookout for a fight.

So long 2012...........we're ready to take on a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment