Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!!!!  I have been so fortunate to have great women in my life always.  My mom, who is perfect--just ask her (wink, wink), has always been  such a great example of service and love.  She's a bit feisty but that's what makes her who she is and I'm so grateful to have her around (well sort of around, stupid Oklahoma).  Love you mom!  I have two super fantastic grandma's who have always, always made me feel like I am their favorite granddaughter (which I totally am, just don't tell the other grandkids). My grandma Bloxham told me years ago that she loved my beautiful white skin (which I hate) but it is something I will always remember.  My grandma Petersen taught me how to stitch dish towels and that is something I have already forgotten, but I still have those darn dish towels.  I love you both!  Now I am fortunate to have a great mother-in-law.  Not only do I actually like her, I love her too.  She raised the man who at this very moment is making me cookies. Plus he just got done cooking me dinner and cleaning it up.  Go Nate, thank you Karen, and Happy Mother's Day to me. Those are just four of the fantastic women in my life.  They have helped me to be the mom I am, which probably isn't the best compliment, but I'm sure trying my best.  Mostly today I am grateful to be a mom.  It is such a blessing in my life that I take for granted all too often.  I love my boys more than they will ever know. I am so grateful Heavenly Father has trusted me with these sweet, energetic, full of hell (sorry there is just no other word to describe them) little boys.  They make my life complete.  So Happy Mother's Day to all the great women in my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment