Thursday, May 31, 2012

Schools out!

Schools out for summer!  Of course the first thing my kids want to do is put the sprinkler under the tramp.



Reason # 8326 as to why I am a bad parent.  Dilon came down the stairs with the bottle of sunblock and wanted me to put it on.  This is our conversation:


Dilon:  Mom will you please put this on me?
Me:  No, it's fine you don't really need it.
Dilon:  Please mom.
Me:  Dil, it's not that hot out there.  You'll be fine.
Dilon:  Do you want me to get skin cancer?  You know that can happen if I don't wear sunscreen.

Why must my 8 year old be more responsible than me?  If I would just break down and buy the spray on kind it wouldn't be a problem.  But no, I am still too cheap to do something like that.  Now I smell like nasty sunblock.  Totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. i'll pick some up for you guys when we go to target next- it's the best! $9 for 2 (spray) bottles of the target brand... and it's better than the name brand sunscreen. 12 seconds later? protected. hooray! no more nasty, gloppy sunscreen application (i'm not that dedicated anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel you sure do make me laugh! I've had this same conversation with Kason. The last time he begged for it and I sent him out the door without it he came back in fried. I felt so bad. It wasn't even a sunny day. Yes I learned my lesson.

    ReplyDelete